Thursday 1 March 2012

ODIBE vows to cage Ideye, Haruna

Arsenal Kiev defender Michael Odibe has promise to stop his country counter parts at the Ukrainian derby match between Arsenal Kiev and Dynamo Kiev on Sunday.

Undoubtedly, Odibe has grown far in confidence and his terrific work rate is exciting after 20 games played in the Ukrainian Championship, the capital side are sixth on the log, only a point off a Europa League spot. But the lanky defender insisted that the derby match against the quality side like Dynamo Kiev will be tough for the home team.

“Yes, the league resumes on Sunday and our game against Dynamo will be an interesting one,” Odibe told 9jasoccerboys online in a chat.

“Dynamo are very good side especially with the likes of Ideye, Haruna and Ayila but I see a tough battle ahead of the game. We are brother but it will change on Sunday because we want to climb the ladder and we must show our pre-season progress in the opening game.

“I believe with the caliber of players in my team and higher team spirit; we will be in Europe this season. I personally want to help the team but at times it’s all about team work.

“We have been in Turkey since two months and every training had been excellent, so its now our mandatory to give our best especially against almighty Dynamo.

Speaking further on his game improvement, he said: “Football is about determination and vast learning before you can dream becoming the best, and that is exactly what I am doing right now. I love the country and I enjoy every bit of my game here. I have improved a lot in my lapses area and the coach has been given the necessary backing to topple most defenders in the league because I have the structure but I am still learning every day.”


No comments:

Post a Comment